Connecticut Cares Small Business Grant Program
October 20th, Governor Lamont introduced the Connecticut Cares Small Business Grant Program through the Connecticut Department of Economic Development (DECD).
The program will provide a one-time $5,000 grant to businesses (including home-based and sole proprietorships) and nonprofits with:
- Less than 20 full-time employees in 2019; or
- Less than $1.5 million (2019 annualized) payroll.
Additionally, businesses must:
- Show a 20% decline in revenue from year to date, September 30, 2019, to September 30, 2020.
- Remain a viable business by planning to reopen, and rehire workers let go due to COVID-19.
- Be in good tax standing with the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
- Have been established by October 1, 2019
Online applications are slated to begin the week of November 9th, with funds to be disbursed by December 30th.
DECD will be holding webinars on the application process in the coming weeks.
Please reach out to your Whittlesey advisor for additional guidance on this program as it develops.
Our Financial Institution Services
For more than two decades, our teams have worked with New England banks and credit unions.
Ready to Connect?
We deliver personalized, expert services. Find out what we can do for you.